Thursday, September 8, 2011

ESPN Herschel Walker Storied Documentary Series Starts!



Everything You Need To Know About Herschel
Espn Link Check you local listings

Herschel Walker, star of the documentary "Herschel," will be forced to miss Wednesday's premiere.

"I have to head back to Arkansas for a sales meeting at my chicken factory," Walker said Wednesday afternoon at ESPN's campus in Bristol, Conn. "I have a regular job. I have to go back to work."

That's the Herschel Walker most people don't know. He isn't about the glitz. He isn't about accolades. He's about getting back to work.

Most people are only familiar with Walker's athletic achievements. He won a Heisman Trophy at the University of Georgia, played in the defunct USFL for three years and the NFL for 11 years. He finished seventh at the 1992 Winter Olympics in the two-man bobsled and now is trying his hand at mixed martial arts.

"They don't know that I have this food service company; I have a drapery company and I supervise six hospitals around the United States," said the 49-year-old Walker, who spends most of his time in Texas, in order to be near his 11-year-old son. "I've done so much more outside of sports. I never let the grass grow under my feet. I'm always moving."

That's what Walker hopes fans will see when they watch his movie. ESPN created four one-hour documentaries highlighting the traditions, rivalries and unique stories of the Southeastern Conference. The "Storied" series will debut on ESPNU on Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET, with the first one focused on Walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment